Ashes to Ashes
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is currently the summer of 2020. You may post everywhere but the Schools unless you are a teacher.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Site Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Myrddin Emrys

Other

Myrddin Emrys

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Site Rules   Site Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 3:34 pm

• Your username must be the name of your character. We do not want pen names. We require a capital letter at the beginning of each name. Acceptable name: John Smith, David Jones, Sally Henderson, Thomas Jackson etc. Unacceptable name: Roseyrawks123, Iluvdraco, etc. The only exception are those that are placing advertising and not actual members.

• The rating for this site is NC-17 for language and violence because let's face it, magic and a school of hormonal teenagers. That does not mean you can go about torturing other characters or non characters. Any 'deaths' will be upon agreement of whomever is in the thread that you are in. Any excessive violence must be cleared through Admin or Mod. There will be NO sexual violence or sexual activities of any kind.

• CHARACTER RELATIONSHIPS
    - Romance:
    I know most sites put a kibosh on most things, but in reality we know that at age 11 we have crushes and first kisses. That is allowed on the site.

I know (from experience) that we sometimes have older girlfriends or boyfriends. However, I don't want anyone under age 16 having a romantic relationship with teacher. That doesn't mean I want to see any 16-18 year old ones having a romance with a teacher either.

There will be NO romantic student/teacher, student/mentor, or child/adult relationships of any kind! No exceptions. Anyone in violation of this rule will have their characters deleted and be banned.

- Family Relations:
    You cannot declare your character(s) to share history or a background with another character(s) without permission from the other person(s)

• There is a minimum word limit on posts. All posts that are in character must be at least one hundred & fifty (150) words or more. There is however not a maximum word limit. Try and keep your posts at a similar length to the person that you are posting with. On another note, a thousand word post is wonderful if there is content. However, if you give a long post that another person cannot reply to, you may have to cut it back and add in some more dialogue. Try and have at least one piece of dialogue in each post . If you need help with word counting (I know I did when I first began) THIS is a free tool that you can use. Just copy and paste your post and hit submit. It'll count the words for you.

• No godmodding (ie: being invincible, overpowered, etc.)
    - No controlling other people
    - You CANNOT kill another person(s)'s character without their permission
    - You MUST allow the other person to CHOOSE to accept or avoid an attack
    - You CANNOT say where a character(s) got hit, nor how they took damage, they became crippled, they lost a limb, etc.
    - You need to give the other person(s) a chance to do something (this includes running away, teleporting, summoning things, banishing the person(s) (and it must be approved by the person(s), etc.)

• Graphic limits. I do not want to have half a page of graphics in a signature for a brief post. It is annoying, causes lag, and is not needed. Nor do I wish to see huge avatar pictures. Both end up stretching the board. The limit for signatures depends on what they are.

- 500x200 for a single person
    - 600x300 for couples
    - 800x3000 for family

So pay attention to your sizes please. If you wish to have a showcase for your signatures for your characters on Ashes there is a board for that.

• Character limits. I know some people can make up to twenty characters and still be active and keep up with them. I myself am addicted to making new characters but then I get bored quickly so they just sit there. Or real life gets in the way so I can't give them all equal attention. So I'm asking please no more than two children and six characters total. I might change this but at the moment it's staying as is.

• Children Characters. Unless you have a parent on board, you cannot make a child character. The only exception to this rule stating you have to have an adult(parent/relative) on board is if you are living at Peverell's. And if you make such a character they have to be in the age range of 6-10

Rules are subject to change upon which you will receive a PM about it.
Back to top Go down
https://ashestoashes.rpg-board.net

Site Rules

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1